Our Aspen Ridge Natural Chateaubriand Roast recipe is super flavorful and easy to prepare. Once you set this masterpiece on the dining table, your guests will be dying to know how you got to be such a meat master. The best part: the roast fires in your oven – or with offset heat on your grill – in just 45 minutes. We pulled ours out once the instant read thermometer hit 125°F to achieve our favorite meat temp – Rare Plus!
- 1 Aspen Ridge Natural Chateaubriand; we used the 26 oz in our test kitchen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons granulated beef bouillon
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the pepper, bouillon, paprika, cornstarch, and garlic powder in a small bowl and set aside. Note that this recipe does not call for salt, the bouillon provides the saltiness.
3. Remove roast from fridge and let it come to room temperature, about 20-30 minutes.
4. Rub or brush olive oil on the roast, then lightly coat all sides with the seasoning mixture.
5. Place in the oven (or using offset heat on your grill) and roast until an instant read thermometer – inserted into the middle of the thickest part of the roast – reads 125°F for Rare Plus or 130-135°F for Medium Rare. (Although the USDA recommends a minimum steak temperature of 145°F, we think it would be a shame to serve this delicate Chateaubriand too well.)
6. Let the roast rest, lightly tented with aluminum foil, for at least 15-20 minutes before serving. Garnish with with your favorite herbs (we love to use Rosemary).
7. Bon appétit!